EXHIBIT AT DVAA
Submit your 2017 proposal now!
DVAA hosts a dynamic exhibition program that operates out of two galleries – Woods Street Gallery and Rollerdoor Gallery. DVAA keeps its gallery rental as low as possible to keep the space accessible to artists.. Approximately twenty exhibitions are hosted annually. The call out for exhibitions takes place once a year for the following year. The call out is distributed through direct emails, social media and the website. Exhibiting artists’ work across many platforms including visual arts, multi disciplinary arts, new media, sound, design, craft, live art and performance. The Woods Street and Rollerdoor Galleries are committed to the development and promotion of Northern Territory based artists and their continuing practice, with a special emphasis on emerging artists. From 2015 DVAA will begin to assert a stronger curatorial focus that foregrounds engaged artistic practice that is challenging, experimental, exploratory, and diverse. This curatorial vision will encompasses a wide range of art forms, including contemporary visual art across all media, design, new media, performance, installation, sound and community based projects. DVAA encourages proposals that engage with community and diversify participation and audiences and/or demonstrate new and innovative approaches towards the production of art and ideas. DVAA welcomes proposals by emerging and established artists, and applications for solo, collaborative or group exhibitions, curators and community groups.
The gallery rental fees are: Woods Street Gallery Rental $524 inclusive of GST for a two week show. There is a refundable bond deposit of $100 You can download a Woods St gallery floorplan here.
Rollerdoor Gallery Rental $294 inclusive of GST for a two week show. There is a refundable bond deposit of $100. You can download a Rollerdoor gallery floorplan here. DVAA provides the exhibitor with the following services:
- Targeted distribution of invitations throughout the Darwin CBD
- electronic mailing of the exhibition invitation to DVAA member
- a DL print invitation template for each artist’s printed invitation
- support and advice regarding exhibition installation and marketing and publicity
- staffing of the exhibition during open hours Wed-Fri 12-5pm
- the development and distribution of a media release
- Off The Leash listing
- marketing and promotions of the exhibition through a series of platforms including online (website, Facebook, Twitter), radio and print.
*Please contact the office to request a form or discuss your application